Day 2 of my impromptu gift tag series! Today, my homemade christmas gift tag is a round scrapbook ornament. Oh, sounds so booooring, just a round ornament? Not even a polygonal one? Well, to make it an itsy bitsy more complex, the “ornament” shows through a circle punched in the gift tag. And again, it’s probably a no brainer with a Silhouette, but where’s the fun in that? … No, don’t answer, I can imagine the fun of having a Silhouette.
Still, this tag was incredibly easy to make and the possibilities are endless. You can make a whole set to gift away. Is that a bit of a bowling ball gift? To give gift tags so people can give you gifts? Man, I just keep wandering off on tangents here. But there’s not a whole lot left to say about this one. It’s a super simple, satisfying paper craft, and makes me want to go out and buy a whole ton of scrapbook paper.
Gift tag or cardboard – you’ll need two.
Circle Cutter (affliate link)
Black Ink Marker
The Simple Steps
1. Cut a circle out of one of your gift tags.
2. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper that’s big enough to cover the hole you punched.
3. Glue the scrapbook paper behind the tag so that the pattern shows through the punched circle.
4. Glue the other tag to the back to hide the scrapbook paper.
5. Draw the string and ornament details.
Oh, and who can resist doing some calculus while Christmas decorating?
And if you’re following along, or want to follow along, here are the other gift tag ideas!