Here’s the sign for my little missus, the Zoodiacs Snake C2C crochet pattern. I think out of all the Chinese Zodiac signs, this was one of the hardest to make cute, because … snakes. I have such an aversion to it, and my baby is so adorable, it’s hard for me to reconcile the two in my head, and my chicken scratches always came out looking like a weird little tadpole. Now that he’s here, I hope you like him!
This little guy is just one out of 12 Chinese Zodiac animals graphs I’m creating. You can see all of them on my Zoodiacs page, for all the things related to my fun animal graphs.
J hook (CloverUSA Amour Hooks*)
Michaels Loops and Threads Impeccables in Cherry, Grass
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Fern, Black
A few notes:
- I made my squares using C2C (corner to corner) crochet. Using an I hook, I got squares around 18 inches wide, but my gauge did vary a bit. You can use C2C crochet, or make a single crochet graphghan, totally up to you.
- The colors I chose were based on the final blanket design. You can obviously switch things around, but I do list the yarns I used below.
- I re-used the same yarns for multiple squares so the blanket has some color consistency. Using a combination of mostly Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Michaels Loops and Threads, I found I could get a diverse color palette and consistent yarn feel, with no one skein jumping out in either hue, vibrancy or feel.
- I always have 2 skeins of the background color on hand. It made it easier to work the C2C running two skeins at the same time.
- To finish the square, work 1 round of sc around the square. I worked 3 sc into each "tile" of the c2c, and a ch 2 in the corners, then slip stitching into the first sc. (69 sc + ch 2) * 4 sides. This also makes it easier to join the squares later.
Zoodiacs Snake C2C Graph
If you missed a Zoodiacs post, you can always find all of the graphs available on my Zoodiacs page. I’ll be adding new animals there, as well as fleshing out different ideas related to the Zoodiacs.