I crocheted a shoe. It was a very adorable little shoe, but it seemed a bit plain. I thought about flowers, but there’s more to a little girl’s life than flowers. I thought about buttons, but then someone would be worried about buttons being a choking hazard. I thought about a bow. Then I made a bit of a jump off that train and thought about how when my kids were born, they had the most perfect, darling, red cupid’s bow lips. And then I decided to crochet a mini bow that was small and cute and darling. I made two, one for each of those small, cute and darling shoes. Then I made a bunch more because what’s better than a rainbow of small, cute and darling bows? Nothing. Except maybe more bows. And more cute shoes. (Scroll all the way down to see a sneak peek at the shoes whose pattern is coming soon!)
This is the ultimate scrapbuster project, and a great project for beginngers too. You can use any kind of yarn, and you don’t need a lot of it. I’m not sure how it’ll do with different hook sizes though; I happen to like how tight the gauge was when I made mine with a G hook. But that’s up to you!
G (4mm) hook
1. Chain 5.
2. Work 1 sc into the second chain from hook.
3. Work 1 sc in each of the next 2 chain spaces.
4. Work 6 dc into the last chain space. You’ve gone around the bend.
5. Coming down the other side of the chains, work 1 sc in each of the next 2 ch spaces.
6. Work 6 dc into the last chain space. Note that in order to fit all 6 stitches in, you’ll actually cover up our first sc, so…
7. Slip stitch into the 2nd sc you made, not the first.
8. Fasten off, leaving a longish tail to attach to whatever you want to attach your bow to. Weave in the beginning tail.
9. Take the finishing tail and wrap it several times around the center of this “mini hot dog” you just crocheted to create the bow look.
10. Using an embroidery needle, weave the end through the wrapping in the back, twice, to secure.
I get pleasure from, cause I discovered just what I used
to be having a look for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye