While grabbing milk the other day, I saw some cutie white pumpkins at the grocery store the other day and absolutely had to buy a few to go with the other assorted baby pumpkins I’m collecting. As I was looking at them though, I was wondering why their stems are so .. stubby. They looked unfinished. So I decided to dress them up a bit, and came up with these copper and paper embellished pumpkins.
I bought this roll of copper tape* on Amazon after seeing it in action on Homey Oh My, and I totally fell in love. Copper in tape form? Sign me up, as fast as you can! I started to make a tray for it, which you may have seen on Facebook and Instagram, but that was actually my second attempt. My first try with the copper tape on the tray didn’t go so well, so I took them off but I didn’t want to throw it out. It’s perfectly decent copper tape, after all. I actually stuck them to my dining table for a few days while I thought about where else to use wonky used copper tape.
I took a length of floral wire*, bent it in half, and wrapped the used copper tape around it. to make it look like a copper wire. Since I had these items on hand, this was cheaper than me going out to buy real copper wire. Then I just attached a pumpkin leaf with some tape and wrapped it around my stubby pumpkin stem.
The pumpkin leaves were cut using my Silhouette Cameo. Sometimes, I feel like I should always use my Cameo to make fancy complicated projects, but really, it’s there for when I don’t want to use scissors! So I went back to Silhouette basics. I grabbed a picture of a leaf on the internets, traced it, edited the points to clean up the shape and cut it out on an orange herringbone patterned cardstock. I mean, why use green when I can use such a fun pattern?
By the way, now I want to copper tape everything I can get my hands on.
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
These dressed up pumpkins are part of a monthly Silhouette Challenge with this month’s theme being “Fall Projects”. Read on to see tons of other fall inspired Silhouette fun!
1. Create & Babble // 2. Lil Mrs. Tori // 3. unOriginal Mom // 4. Zanaree // 5. The Kim Six Fix // 6. One Dog Woof // 7. Cupcakes & Crowbars // 8. Living My Given Life // 9. Architecture of a Mom // 10. Put A Bird On It // 11. Just Add Paper // 12. Weekend Craft // 13. Silhouette School // 14. Minted Strawberry // 15. My Paper Craze // 16. McCall Manor // 17. Chicken Scratch NY // 18. Mama Sonshine // 19. Creative Ramblings // 20. From Wine to Whine // 21. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 22. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 23. The Thinking Closet // 24. Simply Kelly Designs // 25. Sandpaper & Glue //
* indicates affliate link. When you purchase through that link, I earn a small commission.
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.
Latest posts by ChiWei (see all)
- Kingston Tunisian Crochet Ruana - May 23, 2019
- 12 Mother’s Day Crochet Gifts I’d Like to Get - April 17, 2019
- Berkshire Wrap: A Different Kind of Triangle Shawl - April 10, 2019