This is the Zoodiacs Sheep c2c crochet graph, and the Sheep is my sign! I just did a quick look on Google for sheep zodiac and the first thing that popped up said that “Sheep is among the animals that people like most. It is gentle and calm.” Yay! Although, when motherhood, work, life and blog collide, I am probably neither gentle nor calm. Eeeek.
Another search yielded this: “The sign of the Sheep produces a person who is not overly fond of sudden changes or impulsive decisions. Rather, they tend towards the opposite end of the spectrum, finding comfort in both repetition and well-laid plans. Luckily for them, they have a natural inclination towards this type of work and are quite skilled at pulling together actions and events in a manner that flows naturally.” <- THAT is all me.
J hook (CloverUSA Amour Hooks*)
Michaels Loops and Threads Impeccables in White
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Terracotta, Linen, Pink, Black
A few notes:
- I made my squares using C2C (corner to corner) crochet. Using an I hook, I got squares around 18 inches wide, but my gauge did vary a bit. You can use C2C crochet, or make a single crochet graphghan, totally up to you.
- The colors I chose were based on the final blanket design. You can obviously switch things around, but I do list the yarns I used below.
- I re-used the same yarns for multiple squares so the blanket has some color consistency. Using a combination of mostly Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Michaels Loops and Threads, I found I could get a diverse color palette and consistent yarn feel, with no one skein jumping out in either hue, vibrancy or feel.
- I always have 2 skeins of the background color on hand. It made it easier to work the C2C running two skeins at the same time.
- To finish the square, work 1 round of sc around the square. I worked 3 sc into each "tile" of the c2c, and a ch 2 in the corners, then slip stitching into the first sc. (69 sc + ch 2) * 4 sides. This also makes it easier to join the squares later.
Zoodiacs Sheep C2C Graph
If you missed a Zoodiacs post, you can always find all of the graphs available on my Zoodiacs page. I’ll be adding new animals there, as well as fleshing out different ideas related to the Zoodiacs.