With the weather so hot lately, we’ve been avoiding cooking inside (except to bake goodies in the oven), so we’ve been grilling instead. And since we pick up pounds and pounds of veggies from the farm every week, we’ve needed to get creative about how to create delicious veggies on the grill. Here’s a quick and easy way to use up cabbage without boiling away the nutrients or any of the inherently sweet flavor!
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt pepper
- Cut cabbage into quarters and cut out the hard middle stem from each section.
- Set each cabbage section into the center of a piece of tin foil that’s large enough to wrap the cabbage with room to spare.
- Cut onion into quarters and distribute in each of the 4 tin foil packets.
- Drizzle evoo over each packet.
- Season with salt and pepper. Feel free to use any other seasoning there too!
- Wrap up tin foil packets.
- Grill for 20 minutes. Larger cabbage sections may need more time.
- (Optional: you can also add other vegetables in the packet, but make sure they do not need long cook times, or they may not cook through by the time the cabbage is done.)