Crochet Wrap Bracelet with Button

One of the reasons I liked my crochet friendship bracelets so much was because of the fact that they were adjustable.  I have small wrists and I always find it awkward to wear large bangles.  I guess I could look for small bangles, but I still need to get my hand through it, and then there’s just this big clunker dangling from my wrist.  I saw an image while perusing Pinterest of a crocheted wrap bracelet that also looked adjustable, so I thought I’d give it a try and see if I could make the bracelet work for me.

Crochet Wrap Bracelet |

After puttering with the pattern a bit, I couldn’t get it completely adjustable for any wrist, so this pattern isn’t an exact pattern; it should be sized to your wrist, at least approximately.  Basically, you just chain and chain and create more chains, then turn around and slip stitch your way all the way back to the beginning.  Make sure there’s a loop at one end and attach a button on the other.  Then you can wrap this simple “rope” around your wrist as many times as you crocheted for and secure with the button.

Crochet Wrap Bracelet |

crochet thread/yarn/hemp/string – I used Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Cotton Metallic Size 10-Gold/Gold (affliate link) and DMC Pearl Cotton Embroidery Thread.
crochet hook appropriate to the medium you are using.  For both bracelets, I used a 2.75mm hook, size C2

Simple Crochet Wrap Bracelet

1. Chain as many chains as needed to wrap around your wrist 3 times.  You can always chain more in order to wrap around your wrist as many times as you want.

2. Once you’ve created the wanted length chain, work an extra large chain stitch – this becomes the loop.

3. Chain 1 more beyond the extra large chain stitch.  You’ll want to hold on to the large chain stitch while working this last chain stitch.

4. Work a slip stitch into the 2nd chain from hook (the one right after the large stitch).

5. Work a slip stitch into every chain across.

6. Fasten off.

7. Grab both the beginning tail and the ending tail to attach a button.

8. Tie 2 square knots to secure the button. Cut off ends and glue to secure.

To wear: wrap the bracelet around your wrist (or ankle) as many times as allowed and fasten the button with the loop.

cCrochet Wrap Bracelet |

Super simple, thin, discreet, and you can make it in as many colors as you like.  If done in hemp, this could even be acceptable for the men in your life!

Crochet Wrap Bracelet |

Crochet Wrap Bracelet |

Get updates by email!

If you're new here or enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing by email to receive updates in your email inbox.

It looks really neat. Thanks for the pattern :-) I don’t quite understand the end part with the button, but I’m a visual person and probably just have to see it. I’ll make one and let you know if I can’t figure it out. Thanks.

Thanks Kate! Basically, at the end, just attach a button any way you can :-). Since you’ve got a beginning tail and an end tail, you can use those tails to sew on the button.

Ha, Steph, that was the one thing I forgot to add! I’ve updated the post above, but the gold one was Aunt Lydia’s Metallic Cotton Crochet Thread, and the blue was a DMC Pearl Cotton Embroidery Thread. Both were found at JoAnns.

2. Carri says

Could you post a picture of the loop end before the button is attached? I’m really having a hard time visualizing this.

3. Litl Bits says

Guess you could also do this making an I-Cord instead of just chain with slip stitch, but this is a cute, simple bracelet…agh! should have thought of this myself!
    might try one with beads and/or flowers as well.

Where did you find the button at? I’ve looked at Joanns. Also on the DMC pearl cotton thread which color of blue is it? Because there are several shades of blue and I would really like to get the exact color of blue because it’s such a beautiful blue shade.

Oooh, I really don’t remember the exact shade of blue. But the Pearl Cotton line is much smaller than the regular DMC line, so there’s a lot less choices to choose from. The button was a lucky find on Etsy. I’ve looked for more, but have never been able to find them. They are wood on the front and metal on the back.

5. Vicki says

Love the look of these, but I found working with the yarn difficult. It kept curling on the part coming off the ball. Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Maybe I’m just awkward. Lol I was making one to wrap about 5 times. Thanks for any hints

6. Cheryl Sullivan says

Thank you so much for putting this into instructions for those of us who cannot buy them :) I will be pinning this along with making some for my great niece, and myself of course :) Thanks again.