I saw a picture of this concept while roaming on Pinterest, just in time for a friend’s 30th birthday party. And happily enough, Michael’s was offering a 25% off your total purchase coupon as well, so I could stock up on any crafty supplies I might need. So, I cobbled together this quick fun gift while bubs was taking his nap.
lollipops for the number of years – I used BlowPops because the Tootsie Pops were sold out at my grocery store.
small plain gift box
styrofoam ball to fit into gift box
scissors, ruler, pencil, glue, tape
cup for the circle shape (I don’t have a cricut, or a compass)
1. Wrap the gift box in the paper of your choice.
2. Cut tissue paper to size and stack an assortment of them in layers to create the bottom of the “bouquet”.
3. Insert tissue paper and styrofoam ball into the gift box.
4. Stick all the lollipops into the styrofoam ball.
5. For the signage – choose two contrasting papers, trace and cut two differently sized circles with the cup(s).
6. Stamp “30 sucks” on one of the small circles, and “happy birthday” on the other small circle.
7. Glue small circles onto large circles, and glue both sets onto either side of the popsicle stick.
8. Stick the popsicle stick into the styrofoam ball, and you’re done!
Now you have an easy and funny birthday present for any age!
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.