Do you shop at a farmer’s market or have your own garden? We are right in the middle of tomato season here and there’s nothing quite like a sun-warmed tomato straight from the vine, whether it’s an heirloom or one of the sweet Sungold candies. If you don’t want to slave over a stove making tomato sauce, or are like me and like your tomatoes straight up, here’s a quick and easy tomato salad to use up some of your bounty!
Simple Tomato Salad
- tomatoes, cut in bite sized pieces
- cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- red onion, diced
- fresh basil leaves, rolled together and cut in a chiffonade.
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and basil in large bowl.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix lightly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for about 20 min before serving.