Do you shop at a farmer’s market or have your own garden? We are right in the middle of tomato season here and there’s nothing quite like a sun-warmed tomato straight from the vine, whether it’s an heirloom or one of the sweet Sungold candies. If you don’t want to slave over a stove making tomato sauce, or are like me and like your tomatoes straight up, here’s a quick and easy tomato salad to use up some of your bounty!
Simple Tomato Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
- tomatoes, cut in bite sized pieces
- cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- red onion, diced
- fresh basil leaves, rolled together and cut in a chiffonade.
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and basil in large bowl.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix lightly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for about 20 min before serving.
Yum! This looks awesome, great presentation in the martini glass. (Is this because you currently can’t enjoy martinis? ;)) I eat a lot of tomato salads…. mostly loaded with cheese though. 🙂 This looks light and refreshing!
Hi, we are in prime time for our tomatoes here too. Your cocktail tomato photo is great. Lately on hot summer days we have been toasting break, spreading with Mayo, and loading on sliced tomatoes for a nice easy lunch or dinner.
That sounds so good and refreshing! With heirloom tomatoes, I love just eating them like an apple with a little salt and pepper.