Over the weekend, I finally decorated our mantel for Christmas, adding a festiveness to our living room. Part of the reason for my procrastination was figuring out how to display the holiday cards we receive every year. We usually just prop them up somehow, creating a hot mess of beautiful cards on the mantel.
I had this idea of glueing clothespins upside down to wood blocks, but that required:
1. a husband to find a piece of scrap lumber from our basement (yes, we have scrap lumber in our basement – would you like pressure treated fence post or old cabinet?)
2. go out to our unheated garage on a really really cold day and saw me some blocks
3. sand them down
4. possibly paint them….ugh.
We’re lazy, and we like sitting in front of the wood stove. While pondering my situation, hubby said “why don’t you just use J’s wood cars?” DUH.
Masking tape + clothespins + anatomically incorrect snowflakes from How about Orange? = my new card display.
J even let me work in peace while he played with the extra clothespins.
I especially love the fact that this little project cost me a big fat $0. It doesn’t get much better than that!
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.
Latest posts by ChiWei (see all)
- Kingston Tunisian Crochet Ruana - May 23, 2019
- 12 Mother’s Day Crochet Gifts I’d Like to Get - April 17, 2019
- Berkshire Wrap: A Different Kind of Triangle Shawl - April 10, 2019