The Zoodiacs Dog C2C Crochet Graph design may be one of my favorites, this and maybe the piggie coming up next. I love that I can give him a bright blue eye spot because what dog actually has that? Designing him made me miss our own puppy, Isabel, whom we had to leave in New York with friends when we moved. But let me say one thing. I no longer have pillows worth of dog hair dust bunnies floating around my house. So this Zoodiacs puppy is the perfect puppy. He’s cute. Once he’s part of a blanket, he’ll keep you warm, and he doesn’t shed. Win win win!
The Dog is just 1 out of 12 Zoodiacs graphs I’m sharing, depicting animals from the Chinese Zodiac, of which my family are big fans. It’s always fun to figure out what animal you are linked to, and do you have those same characteristics?
J hook (CloverUSA Amour Hooks*)
Red Heart Super Saver in Cafe Latte
Michaels Loops and Threads Impeccables in Aqua, Cherry
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Mustard, Fisherman, Pink, Black
A few notes:
- I made my squares using C2C (corner to corner) crochet. Using an I hook, I got squares around 18 inches wide, but my gauge did vary a bit. You can use C2C crochet, or make a single crochet graphghan, totally up to you.
- The colors I chose were based on the final blanket design. You can obviously switch things around, but I do list the yarns I used below.
- I re-used the same yarns for multiple squares so the blanket has some color consistency. Using a combination of mostly Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Michaels Loops and Threads, I found I could get a diverse color palette and consistent yarn feel, with no one skein jumping out in either hue, vibrancy or feel.
- I always have 2 skeins of the background color on hand. It made it easier to work the C2C running two skeins at the same time.
- To finish the square, work 1 round of sc around the square. I worked 3 sc into each "tile" of the c2c, and a ch 2 in the corners, then slip stitching into the first sc. (69 sc + ch 2) * 4 sides. This also makes it easier to join the squares later.
Zoodiacs Dog C2C Graph
If you missed a Zoodiacs post, you can always find all of the graphs available on my Zoodiacs page. I’ll be adding new animals there, as well as fleshing out different ideas related to the Zoodiacs.
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.
Latest posts by ChiWei (see all)
- Kingston Tunisian Crochet Ruana - May 23, 2019
- 12 Mother’s Day Crochet Gifts I’d Like to Get - April 17, 2019
- Berkshire Wrap: A Different Kind of Triangle Shawl - April 10, 2019