Mom, I Love You Pop Up Cards with Free Silhouette Cut Files

by | DIY, Paper, Spring

You, like me, might have seen a picture of an “i {heart} you” pop up card floating around on the Internet. I even pinned it to my Paper Crafts board.  But I decided to change it up a bit and make it on my Silhouette instead of cutting it out by hand.  And since I can’t let a good thing go, I also made a Mother’s Day card to go with it.  So, today I’m sharing the free Silhouette cut files for my “Mom, I Love You” pop up cards!

Mom and I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

Go ahead, pin the image below.  You know you want to, and I’d love for you to share this post on your social media outlets!  Of course, the “mom” card is appropriate for right around now with Mother’s Day coming up, but the “i {heart} you” card can be used for all sorts of occasions, year-round.  We’re sending these to our moms this year…which reminds me, I should probably get these in the mail!

Mom, I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files for free download | www.1ogwoof.com

There’s nothing special you need to do with the Silhouette file – no print and cut, no double cut, no switching of blade depths.  I’ve included which lines are perforated so one pass is all you need.  Cut it out on plain cardstock, then back it up against colored or patterned  cardstock of your choice.

Mom and I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

The dimensions for each card are as follows:

“i {heart} u” card:

• Inner card: 5″ x 7.5″, which when folded = 5″ x 3.75″.
  • Outer card (full card size): 5.5″ x 8.5″, which when folded = 5.5″ x 4.25″.
  • Fits in an A2 envelope, which is 5.75″ x 4.375″.

“mom” card:

• Inner card: 6.75″ x 9″, which when folded = 6.75″ x 4.5″.
  • Outer card (full card size: 7″ x 10″, which when folded = 7″ x 5″.
  • Fits in an A7 envelope, which is 7.25″ x 5.25″.

Mom and I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

After the card is cut, peel it off your mat carefully, and remove the little bits of cut-outs.  Fold along the perforated lines to “pop out” the letters.  You should be able to fold the card in half along the center fold.

Mom and I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

Then, just assemble with glue or tape to your outer card.  I’ve also included a cut-out heart in each cut file that you can use for the outside of the card, so it’s not super plain.  But that’s completely up to you.  You can decorate the front (and back) any way you’d like.

Mom and I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

Download the cut files here:

“i {heart} u” card

“mom” card

[A little fine print: Please use these cut files for personal use only and not for any commercial purposes. See my Terms of Use.  ]

If you don’t have a Silhouette (I know what that’s like), here are the images in PDF form.  You’ll need to print it out, then cut on the solid lines, and fold on the dotted lines.

“i {heart} u” card PDF image

“mom” card PDF image

And one more set – the SVG files:

“i {heart} u” card SVG format

“mom” card SVG format

Mom, I Love You pop up cards with Silhouette cut files | www.1ogwoof.com

I’m really loving paper crafting and having a Silhouette makes things so much more fun!  I hope your loved ones enjoy these cards as much as I did making them!

(This post contains affliate links – by purchasing through my affliate links, I receive an itty bitty commission that helps me buy more supplies to make more fun stuff to share.  Cycle of crafting..)

1. Melissa @ Silhouette School

Wowzers! I LOVE these cards and your photography is beautiful! I just grabbed the studio files (thank you!) and will be sharing the link to your awesome blog (and tutorial) on Silhouette School’s Facebook page later today. I know my readers will love them as much as I do. – Melissa

Thank you Melissa!

2. Karen Chartier

I am not fortunate enough to have a cutting machine. Can you post a pattern that I can cut myself? Thanks!

Yup, I’ll be doing that soon, and you’ll see an update.

Hi Karen, I’ve updated the post with PDF files that you can print and cut on your own.

• Karen Chartier

Fabulous! I will let you know how they turn out! Thanks!

Enjoy!

• VICTORIA

gracias desde Chile (:

• Michelle Liporto

thank you so much for this, I was looking at some pretty made ones for about$13!!! I am very crafty and this is superb!!!! Awesome, my Mom loves hand made everything from me!!!!! Because the best thing things in life aren’t usually things and are free….. hats off to you????????????

3. Bethany

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for the free cut files!

Thank you Bethany!

4. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet

I kid you not, I was THIS close to attempting my own pop up mother’s day cards; but I’m so glad I didn’t because now I have your free cut files and they are gorgeous! ChiWei strikes again!

Thanks Lauren! Glad to be of service 🙂 They are so addictive, I may make more for each holiday!

5. Avra

Thank you!

6. Barbara Delp

Thanks for sharing.

7. Kara

These are awesome!! Well done!

Thank you Kara!

Thanks Mischele!

8. Tiffany

Hi! LOVE these cards! Any chance they can be made in SVG format? I have SCAL and can’t convert .studio files. 🙁

Just for you my friend 🙂 I’ve updated the post with SVGs for both versions.

• Tiffany

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!! 🙂 I was trying to figure out how to make these in SCAL and just couldn’t wrap my brain around it. These are going to be my mother’s day cards this year! THANK YOU AGAIN!!! 🙂

You’re so welcome! You put a big smile on my face – I’m glad I could help you out!

9. Nancy

I love pop-up files! Thanks for creating these!

You’re welcome Nancy!

10. Connie

Hi, what program will open up the cut file downloads? I’m really new to this. Thanks, Connie

Hi Connie, these files can be opened in Silhouette Studio.

11. Danielle

Awesome! I’m going to use the I love you for my husband for our anniversary (which is on mother’s day this year) and the Mom one for my mom. 🙂 Love that it pops up! Thank you for the file!

You’re welcome Danielle! Enjoy!

12. Isabelle

Thank you very much for your freebie!!!
    greetings love
    Isabelle

13. Isabelle

Thank you very much for your freebies.
    greetings love
    Isabelle

14. Danielle

I made this for my mom for mother’s day and she loved loved loved it!
    Will you, by chance, be making a pop up card for dad’s? My mom wanted me to make one for my dad as well, but I had to admit that i had just borrowed your file and not created it all on my own.

Hey Danielle, that’s the plan 🙂 I know it’s coming up, so it’s moving up on my list of things to do!

• Danielle

Thank you! That would be awesome!

15. Virginia Fynes

wonderful cards! I snagged the images to use sometime! Thanks so much, super cute

16. GIL Marie-Noëlle

Bonjour 🙂

Merci beaucoup pour ces tuturiels gratuits. Cordialement.

17. Kimberly

I was looking to do something new for the mothers in my life. My family, we buy cards every year making one with a touch of love would be so much better.

18. Crissy

i don’t know if you realize, but the MOM is reversible so the dashes don’t show. however the “i <3 U" is not reversible and the dash line does show. would be nicer if image could be reversed so lines don't show.

• Michelle Liporto

Try coloring the paper or using glitter, stickers, outlines to cover them, I haven’t tried it yet but I’m sure there is a way to ‘ creatively conceal’ good luck