Did you do anything fun over the holiday weekend? We spent over 30 hours in the car traveling down south and back to visit family. No, that wasn’t a typo. That’s 30+ hours in a car with a toddler, braving rain and traffic congestion, and once in a while, enjoying the open road.
Since we were at our destination in Georgia for such a short time, I totally forgot to take pictures, so all I have are photos from my sister’s phone. Thank goodness she has a better phone camera than I do!
What we did on vacation:
3. Watch movies
4. Played ultimate frisbee in the afternoon heat on a parched field…barefoot. Went to a pharmacy afterwards to buy bandaids and extra socks. This would not be me, by the way. I stayed home with a twisted ankle and watched another movie. (Twisted ankle is now all better)
5. Went for a walk along the waterfront in Augusta. Wished we lived in the beautiful houses lining the river so we could just hang out on a patio or a boat enjoying the cool river breeze.
My World’s Best Mom tips for traveling with a toddler:
1. Forget about weaning off the pacifier – if it keeps him quiet, use it. Or bring ear plugs.
2. Bring granola bars and fruit bars. Lots of lots of them. They’re easy, utensil free snacks with just enough stickiness to make a moderate mess on the carseat.
3. Grab some crazy colored kids cereal from the hotel breakfast selection. Take this opportunity to teach your toddler the colors he will never find on natural foods.
4. Stock up on veggie chips. So you can pretend you’re being healthy.
5. Movies on a mobile device work too, unless your toddler is picky and doesn’t like the glare on the screen. Then fall back to tip #1.
6. Pray for a safe trip, good weather, light traffic, and a clean bathroom at the next immediate exit when your toddler starts saying “Mommy, I pooping….”
Souvenirs from our trip:
1. Boiled peanuts
3. Extra poundage from all the fried chicken!
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.
Latest posts by ChiWei (see all)
- Kingston Tunisian Crochet Ruana - May 23, 2019
- 12 Mother’s Day Crochet Gifts I’d Like to Get - April 17, 2019
- Berkshire Wrap: A Different Kind of Triangle Shawl - April 10, 2019