What day are we on now? Day 6? Alright! Half way through! Here’s my Button Snowman Gift Tag.
Ok, I think this one today is my favorite gift tag of them all. I dunno, maybe it’s tied for another one coming up next week. You know what I love? The ripped paper. Yup, saw the idea on Pinterest, (where else right?) and then I crossed my fingers and hoped I had some thick textured paper hiding somewhere in my craft room. I really didn’t want to go out to the store just to buy paper just to go home and rip it up! And voila! I had some thick homemade-ish paper left over from my wedding – yay for hoarding!
3 white buttons – small, medium and large
thick textured white/off-white paper
super glue and craft glue
Building the Snowman
1. Rip the white textured paper to make the “snow”. I found that the homemade style paper rips well and gives that fluffy look on the edges. You don’t want it to rip cleanly in this case. Rip 2 “hills” and layer them for a more dimensional look.
2. Glue the buttons on to build the snowman. Use super glue. See why here.
3. Cut out a small rectangle from the scrapbook paper to make the hat, and outline it with the black marker.
4. Dance around and sing Frosty the Snowman!
More Gift Tag Ideas!
I created One Dog Woof as a place for me to share tidbits of inspiration for anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude, filled with colorful crochet patterns and creative ideas for joyful living.
Latest posts by ChiWei (see all)
- Kingston Tunisian Crochet Ruana - May 23, 2019
- 12 Mother’s Day Crochet Gifts I’d Like to Get - April 17, 2019
- Berkshire Wrap: A Different Kind of Triangle Shawl - April 10, 2019