Flower Coasters Pattern

by | All Designs, Crochet, Free Patterns, Home

Do you crochet?  Or do you want to learn how to crochet?  Well, stay tuned because in a few short weeks, I’ll be having my very first Crochet-Along right here on this little ol’ blog!  We’ll be choosing a project to work on together and going through the pattern with lots of pictures and lessons on the basics.  I’ve also teamed up with a few of my favorite crocheting friends to help answer any questions you may have, and offer some awesome prizes to those who participate.  Excited yet?  The crochet along will start at the beginning of February, so keep in touch and you won’t miss the fun!

Flower Coasters Pattern | One Dog Woof | #freepattern

Now onto the pattern!  These little flower coasters are perfect under a pint glass (with beer? rootbeer?) or under a mug, perhaps matched up with a mug cozy for a quick gift.  Or switch it up, and use it as a facial scrubber.  By the way, this will be one of the patterns up for the Crochet-Along pattern vote, so take a look and enjoy!  I’m pretty new to writing patterns, so let me know if there’s anything that is difficult to understand.

Flower Coasters Pattern | One Dog Woof | #freepattern

If you’d like to sell items from this pattern or share it with your friends, I just ask that you give credit back to One Dog Woof.  Please do not repost or re-distribute the pattern in its entirety.  Thanks!

Flower Coasters Pattern

G size (4.25 mm) crochet hook
1 ball Sugar n’ Cream cotton yarn
stitch marker
yarn needle

Abbreviations

sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
Mark the end of each round with the stitch marker, since the pattern is worked in a continuous spiral.

Round 1: Start with a magic ring.  Work 6 sc into the ring.

Round 2:   Work 2 sc in each sc of previous round.  (12 sc)

Round 3:   Repeat *sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc* around. Do not join. (18 sc)

Round 4:   Repeat *sc in each of the next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc* around (24 sc)

Round 5:   Repeat *sc in each of the next 3 sc. 2 sc in next sc* around (30 sc)

Round 6:   Repeat *sc in each of the next 4 sc. 2 sc in next sc* around (36 sc)

Round 7:   Skip 1 sc. *sl st in next sc. skip 1 sc. 5 dc in next sc. skip 1 sc* around.  Join with a sl st to the last stitch of previous round.  Fasten off and weave in ends.

Flower Coasters Pattern | One Dog Woof | #freepattern

1. meet.make.laugh.

These are so cute! Will definitely have to try. And looking forward to seeing more about the crochet-along!

• Karin Staggs

This IS really cute and really fun to make. I’m going to make a bunch. Thanks for the pattern.

2. Wendy

what a lovely pattern, thanks so much for sharing!

3. Gen

I learned how to crochet right before Christmas, so I’m still a newbie and looking forward to the Crochet-Along!! I think this pattern would be awesome as face scrubbies, like you mentioned, and I plan on doing just that as soon as I find cotton yarn.

4. Terri

Yay! I have been wishing for this! I know I don’t have any hooks! Looking forward to it! Thank you!

• Chiwei @ One Dog Woof

Thank you Tracy! I’d love it if you could spread the word and have others come join the fun!

5. Jessica White

Found you from Craftgawker. You’ve got some great projects! I am a new follower on GFC. Thanks!
    Jessica
    ahumblecreation.com

6. Anna

These are lovely – I really like the colours you used. Sorry if I’m being a bit stupid – is this pattern in UK or US terms? I’m new to this crochet malarkey!

7. Kara @ Petals to Picots

These are beautiful, ChiWei!! Love the bright, happy colors! And thank you also for linking to my tutorial … you are so sweet 🙂

8. SchneiderPeeps

Cute coasters! I came over from The Gunny Sack. You have a beautiful blog.

9. Leah

These are adorable, and I love a quick crochet project, thanks for sharing!

10. Annina

Thank you very much! There is already an air of Spring! I will surely make them, and follow your blog! :-)Anna

11. Sara @ My Merry Messy Life

Oh, I’m so glad to see you back at Hookin On Hump Day! I love your work and your photos – gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

12. Panda8ngel

Very pretty! I found you through Hookin on Hump Day. 🙂 I hope you will check out my Hedy the Owl. 🙂

13. Danielle

Love these! I made coasters with some leftover yarn but they aren’t as cute as these!! Found you over @ Southern Lovely.

Happy Wednesday!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

14. Daphne Bryson

Good Evening ChiWei, It is a many years since I crocheted, but you have peeked my interest with these lovely coasters. They are perfect for lazy summer days, when relaxing in the garden with a cold drink. I have enjoyed reading your blog and have become your newest follower. Sending you best wishes from England, Daphne

15. Corina Gray

I love these! Thanks for sharing this wonderful FREE crochet pattern!

16. Leisa B

These are adorable–thank you for sharing the pattern!