End of Winter Double Strand Infinity Scarf

by | Accessories, All Designs, Crochet, Free Patterns

This past weekend was pretty warm here, and by warm, I mean, it’s still January, and the temperature is above freezing.  The snow is melting, and the magnolia next door is thinking about budding.  But it’s still winter, and we can get hit by frigid temps and snowy weather any day, at least until April.  So even though I’m already looking forward to Easter and spring and sunshine, there is still a need to stay warm.

One Dog Woof: Double Strand Infinity Scarf

Here’s a smaller sized infinity scarf (or cowl) that’s light yet cozy and will keep you warm and brighten your days until spring!  This was worked using a classic V-stitch, crocheted in the round.  For added bulk, use 2 strands of yarn held together.

One Dog Woof: Infinity Scarf Free Pattern

If you’d like to sell items from this pattern or share it with your friends, I just ask that you give credit back to One Dog Woof.  Please do not repost or re-distribute the pattern in its entirety.  Thanks!

Update:  I made some minor corrections after some questions came up.  There’s a round of sc before the V-stitches start.  Then the number of V-stitch rounds is optional.  I used 6, but you can work up as many or as little as you want.

Double-Strand Infinity Cowl

M size (9.0 mm) crochet hook
2 balls of worsted weight yarn.
Yarn needle

Abbreviations, in US terms:

ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
dc = double crochet
st(s) = stitch(es)
V-stitch = Work 1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc into the same stitch.

Foundation: Ch 99 with 2 strands of yarn held together.  Join with a sl st in the back ridge of first chain.  This means you will twist the chain slightly in order to work into the back ridge or hump of the chain.

Round 1: Ch 1.  Work 1 sc into each st around.  Join to ch-1 with a sl st.

Round 2:  Ch 3.  Work 1 dc into same st  as join.  *Skip 2 st.  Work (dc, ch 1, dc) in next st.  This is one V-stitch made.  Repeat from * around.  Skip 2 st.  Join with a sl st into 2nd chain of round. – 99 sts

At this point, count your stitches and make sure you still have the same number you started with.

Round 3:  Ch 3. Work 1 dc into next ch-1 sp.  *Skip 2 st.  Work (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch-1 sp.  Repeat from * around. Skip 1 st, then join with a sl st into 2nd chain of round. – 99 sts

Round 4:  Repeat Round 3.

Round 5:  Repeat Round 3.

Round 6:  Repeat Round 3.

Round 7:  Repeat Round 3.

Round 8:  Ch 1 (does not count as st).  Work 1 sc into each st around.  Join with a sl st.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

One Dog Woof: Double Strand Infinity Scarf, Free Pattern

The Crochet Itch

If you liked this pattern, or are new here, or both, and want more projects, take a moment and check out my other patterns!

1. Barbara Hiatt

Love the shade of pink you used here ChiWei! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

2. Lauren

Very cute! I love the fun color.

3. b

Oh, I like this! I may start this today. Great project for an icy day here in NC! Thanks for the pattern. Pinning to my yappy yarn board. 🙂

4. Dizzy Broad

Found your pattern via petalsandpicots….thanks for this pattern! Been looking for a crochet infinity cowl (most ive found are knitted). Going to give it a try this weekend. You have a lovely blog :).

5. Kadie

Thanks so much for sharing this at Link It Up Thursday last week! You were the most viewed link YAY and will be featured at the party that goes live tomorrow. Way to go girl.:)

6. Kathy Day

Hi once done where do we post picture of finished cowl thanks Kathy

• Chiwei @ One Dog Woof

Hi Kathy! You can post pictures on a blog, or Flickr or a Picasa website or Instagram or Pinterest, anywhere that can be publicly accessible, so when you share it at the link party, everyone else can see what you made.

7. Heather Harmsen

I am on row 2. Wondering what stich to do v stitch in. Chain space or dc?

• Chiwei @ One Dog Woof

Thanks Heather – actually, I reviewed the pattern and missed one round of sc. And the V stitch is in the chain space. Thanks for the great catch!

8. June K

Beautiful. I have to learn to crochet.

9. manhart

I am almost done with mine, and would love to make some fingerless gloves or hat (or both) with the same yarn. Do you have any ideas or patterns that you think are good?

10. Kateful

This comment has been removed by the author.

11. Susi

Once you join into back ridge of chain should you be sc in the front or back of the chain. Sorry new to crochet and I’d like to get this right.

• Unknown

I was wondering the same thing.

• Kateful

I crochet in the front of the chain. It gives it a slight twist but I think that’s what makes this cowl so perfect.

12. Garden Chef

I like this! Got you from Sewing Barefoot’s link at Diana’s pin me link party. Pinned this, too!

13. M.J. Powell

This is beautiful. I really should make me one too.
    Our party is live today, and we would like to invite you to link up and share this: http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/ We would really appreciate it.
    Hope you have a great day!
    Thank!